Web Training Wheels is run by Lucy Beer (that’s me!), an online marketing
geek professional of 10+ years. By combining technical know-how with real life marketing experience, I teach small businesses and entrepreneurs how to create an effective online presence. I specialize in two areas – WordPress and online marketing.
I have been using WordPress since 2004 and doing online marketing since 2001. At first I used WordPress for my own personal projects and was excited to be able to create my own websites, publish content and have control without paying a programmer.
Since then I have delved ever deeper into the world of WordPress and now I am immersed in it every day! Even though I have no formal training in programming, I taught myself how to use WordPress and it has inspired me to learn more about PHP, CSS and other related programming technologies.
Everything I’ve learned has a purpose – making your website more findable, more effective, more engaging, easier to manage. Because I learned these skills for practical reasons, I’m able to translate my learning into easy to implement guidelines and teaching for my clients. So I can offer you a unique combination of marketing experience, technical knowledge and easy-to-understand training.
On a daily basis I am teaching clients how to use WordPress for their own varied purposes. Some clients come with zero knowledge and starting from scratch. Others already have a WordPress site that they want to enhance, or make more effective. Our work together will be tailored to your specific situation.
In a previous incarnartion I spent many years working with record labels, bands, art galleries and brands constructing and exectuing online marketing campaigns. Many of the clients I worked with were not yet well-known, and required creative efforts to achieve their goals. So I am familiar with the challenges of getting a new brand/company off the ground and gaining traction.
Why you should work with me:
- I make learning fun and understandable
- I have years of marketing experience that you can benefit from
- I understand code but don’t speak in it
- I love to learn more so I love when you throw a new challenge at me ….”Can I do this with WordPress?”
- I’ve learned from the ground up – I’m not a trained programmer so I understand the challenges of trying to make sense of it all
- I work on WordPress sites every single day so I can save you the time and hassle of figuring out the best ways to do things by yourself.
Contact me: lucy[AT]webtrainingwheels.com