Online WordPress Training
I provide personal, online WordPress training and consulting all around the world! I am based in Los Angeles, but no matter where you are located, I can help you learn WordPress and get your site up and running. Or, if you already have a WordPress site, I can help you develop it further and provide ongoing support to turn you into a WordPress power user.
For online sessions with clients in North America, I use a combination of phone (I’ll call you, so no need to worry about long distance fees) and an online screen-sharing application so that I can see your screen and talk you through the process. If you are located outside of North America, we can use Skype rather than the telephone.
Our WordPress training session will be completely customized for your particular needs, and I encourage you to send me a list of your questions/issues before our session so that we can make the best use of your time. Some common issues I help people with include:
– Getting WordPress installed on your server
– Choosing a theme that is suitable for your needs and helping you configure the theme correctly
– Basic theme tweaks – adding a logo, tweaking fonts, colors etc
– Configuring options and settings
– Installing the right plugins for your needs
– Publishing content, working with images, media, formatting
– What to blog about – developing a content strategy
– Basic & advanced SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
– Promoting your blog, driving traffic
– Ongoing coaching and consultation as you develop your blog
– Setting up an online store (WooCommerce, Shopp, Easy Digital Downloads etc)
– Creating a membership site (Paid Memberships Pro, MemberPress, Restrict Content etc)
– Advanced topics such as creating child themes
– Help with configuring your theme you are working with. I’ve worked with countless themes from many providers including: WooThemes, Elegant Themes, StudioPress, Genesis, ThemeForest, Solostream, GraphPaperPress, Organic Themes and more.
– Developers looking to get started with WordPress
– Designers wanting to transition to WordPress
The rate is $60/hour for one-on-one training, during weekdays and weekday evenings.
Contact me: lucy[at]webtrainingwheels.com to find out more or fill out the form below:
I respond to most emails within 2 business days. If you haven’t heard from me, be sure to check your spam folder! To avoid my reply getting lost there, add: [email protected] to your address book.