How To Build A WordPress Website For Business or Blogging – Training Course
My How To Build A WordPress Website program is a hands-on learning experience designed to produce a professional-looking, mobile-responsive and Google-friendly website and/or blog. There is a core curriculum which covers the fundamentals you need to work with WordPress, with the addition of modules that are tailored to your specific needs.
Over the course of our meetings you will be learning by doing so that you will be in full control of your site. This is a great package if you are starting from scratch and want the comfort of professional, 1-on-1 support at each step of the way.
By the end of the course you will have an effective business site featuring:
- Clear messaging
- Focused calls to action
- Basic search engine optimization
- Email marketing integration
- An engaging blog (if desired)
- 8hrs of training either remotely via phone & screensharing or here in Culver City
- +1 hr email support
- +1 hr remote support
- Free copy of my ebook: Beginners Guide to SEO
Timeframe: a maximum of 8 weeks.
The curriculum includes:
- Purchasing your domain name and web hosting
- Reviewing your needs and identifying goals for your site
- Installing WordPress and implementing security measures
- Learning to publish content using posts, pages. categories, tags, parent-child hierarchies
- Using the features of the post editor to format text, add images, videos, hyperlinks etc
- Working with images and optimizing the for the web
- Working with your navigation menu
- Using widgets to place content in sidebars and footers
- Working with plugins
- Selecting the right plugins for your needs
- Choosing the right theme for your needs
- Configuring your theme and content
- Adding Google Analytics
- Integrating email marketing with MailChimp
- Integrating social sharing and social icons
- Basics of Search Engine Optimization
- Backing up your site on a regular basis, ongoing maintenance tasks
Cost does not include the purchase of any premium themes or plugins that you may choose.
Get started by filling out the form below!
I respond to most emails within 2 business days. If you haven’t heard from me, be sure to check your spam folder! To avoid my reply getting lost there, add: email@example.com to your address book.