WordPress Training – Intermediate Class – The Next Steps – July 23rd
WordPress – The Next Steps – Intermediate Level Class
Saturday July 23rd, 1:30pm – 4:30pm
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)
free parking is available – see Blankspaces website for details.
You have WordPress installed and you’ve built at least your basic site and are comfortable creating content. What’s next?
How do you take your WordPress site from being ho-hum, to being an effective business & marketing tool? Get a deeper understanding of what WordPress can do in this intermediate level class.
We’ll look at some bells, whistles & plugins for both the front and back end, look more in-depth at themes, and answer your questions.
This class is not for beginners – an understanding of the basics of WordPress is required. Bringing your laptop is recommended. Note that this class focuses on self-hosted WordPress – it’s not appropriate for WordPress.com users.
Some of the topics we’ll cover include:
- “There’s a plugin for that” – what crucial plugins do you need? From social sharing, tracking web traffic and embedding video, to SEO and integrating Facebook, I’ll share with you the plugins that will help achieve your site’s goals.
- Backing up your site
- Understanding RSS and offering subscriptions
- How to collect email addresses for marketing
- A demonstration of some premium themes and their various features/capabilities
- Basic theme customization and best practices when tweaking/hacking
- Custom Q & A session based on attendee questions.
When you register for this class you’ll be able to submit your burning questions, problems, or requests for plugin needs and I’ll answer them during class for everyone’s benefit. You can submit several questions – I’ll make sure to cover at least one per attendee.