It’s that time again folks! Time for another WordPress training workshop to initiate more beginners into the WordPress family.
Learn How To Use WordPress For Business and Blogging!
Have an idea for a business or blog and need to get a website up and running at minimal expense? Or perhaps you or your company have an existing WordPress site but you have no idea how to use it!
This hands-on WordPress training class will provide step-by-step instruction for using self-hosted WordPress and plenty of hand-holding where necessary. Get all your questions answered in a friendly,comfortable environment. I work with individuals on a daily basis, providing training & coaching in WordPress and online marketing. I specialize in working with beginners and non-techies!
I’ll not only guide you through the nuts and bolts of WordPress but you’ll also benefit from my years of marketing experience.
Saturday, June 11th – 1:30pm – 5:30pm – $75
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Bring your laptop, this is a hands-on workshop!
Space is LIMITED so register early. There will be a max of 11 attendees.
If you have any questions about the workshops, please email me: [email protected]
Email subscribers get workshops notifications first, and discount codes.
Sign up for notifications and discounts on future WordPress & marketing workshops
Installing and Using WordPress
To get the most out of the workshop you will need:
– A domain name registered and a webhosting account, and the usernames/passwords for your account. (Contact me if you need help setting up these things before the workshop). If you don’t already have a domain and hosting, I recommend signing up with Bluehost.com
If you use GoDaddy hosting, we’ll need to install WordPress about 2 days before the event (because they have long processing times) so please contact me if GoDaddy is your host.
The workshop will cover:
- How to install WordPress on your server
- Explanation of WordPress settings and options
- How to create content
- posts vs. pages
- categories, tags
- using images & media
- best practices for Search Engine Optimization
- how to choose a theme
- resources for finding themes
- considerations, what to look for in a theme
- what are plugins?
- how to use and install plugins
- key plugins you’ll need
- Setting up RSS subscription options for your site
- Setting up Google Analytics to track web traffic
- Integrating your blog with your social media channels
After this workshop you will be able to manage your site with confidence!
Some kind words from clients and previous workshop attendees:
“You Rock!!!! Thank you, so much, for everything! You made me “get” the web, which is not that easy:) I am SO excited about starting my own website. You are SO informative and have such a great way about you.”
“Lucy is hands-down one of the best teachers I have ever had and I’ve had quite a few. Her communication skills are clear, which made my learning process faster and easier. Two words – Lucy ROCKS!”
— Stephany Alexander – Author, Internet Entrepreneur and Relationship Expert